I suggest you ...

Incorporate vacuum tube devices

This app practically begs for the inclusion of vacuum tube components! Its so close to being the perfect electronics app. I think generic models for a diode, triode, tetrode, and pentode would be a great addition to this app. A user could get all the data parameters they need from The data sheets for a particular type of tube and fill in the variables which distinguish one type from another.

100 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

14 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would help me, Im designing a guitar Tube/Vacuum Amp and would be great to at least model the pre-amp 12AX7 stage

• Raven commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would gladly fork over twice the price for tube functionality.

Maybe three or four times. Analog circuit designers are notorious for spending way too much money on tubes.

• Chuck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any time frame on when this will be added? It's been 6 years now.

• Marlon M. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, if this app gets support for Vacuum Tubes, I'll buy it! Analogue is all I work on.

• Dave commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The growth in tube amps and the interest in them should spell out the need and the profit as an app that could fill a massive hole in the market.
    Maybe if you joined with electronic toolbox app all the references are already done just need to simulate signal

• Stephan Bruny commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's THE feature I'm waiting for.

Until then:
    One can use a n-MOSFET as substitute with 2 resistors of the same value (1-5M) from gate to drain and source, as a substitute.
    It will not clip symmetrically though, but acts just like a tube below saturation.

A push-pull configuration with p- and n-MOSFET (high voltage types) a cap (between 10-100pF) and some resistors will be a substitute which you can even put into your amplifier. (symmetrical clipping).
    I did it once, and it sounded OK - but produces only even harmonics.

• George Stortz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more vote for valves/tubes. I modify guitar amps and design vintage style equipment.
    An app like this would give me many more hours at the bench.
    Perhaps a few popular tubes and, perhaps, NTC thermistors?
    Let me know when it's available, please.

• Jeremy McMillan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not just a requested feature, this will drive sales! You know what would be even cooler? Allow the component devices to be modeled from test equipment data: put a linear regression ML module and a bulk data field to allow example components of a high and low quality (or even failing) parameters.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This one of the most asked features (3 requests) many votes and still no work in progress?

Feedback and Knowledge Base